Saturday, January 21, 2012

Legen....

Do you have someone that runs with you?  Or that person who's always cheering you on?
This is pure awesomeness.

I don't.  And I'm not posting this to elicit sympathy.  I'm posting this for others like me.  I post every post for other people who may be going through the same thing I am.  For people who are trying to get fit for THEM.  For you.  Not to please a significant other or make your momma proud, but to get fit because it means a better you.  *cue uplifting music* 

Seriously, what drives you to keep running?  Because work out buddies are great and sorta keep you on the path to do better, but what force do you have that is a little reminder to keep it up? 

This is mine. 
You can find out more info here and here.

It's a 10K.  A freakin' 10K.  

At first, I thought, "There is no way I can enter that yet. I am so not ready."  

But then I read some more and found a category that is Walk/Walk Run.  Well hell, that's what I do anyway.  That's what the C25K is. Walk...then run...then walk... and so on until you're running.  But, a 10K is not the same as a 5K, duh.  

I'm still doing it.  I registered yesterday as a matter of fact.  By myself.  I do have a friend going down with me that is going to cheer me on, but that's it.  I am a little scared and overwhelmed, but I'm gonna do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment