Thursday, January 19, 2012

Updates

Let me start by saying that I realize I haven't posted in quite some time. Rest assured, however, that the cold weather and prolonged absence doesn't mean that I quit running. I did cut back on it, especially around the holidays. I have to rant here that shorter days during winter suck when you prefer running outside. With family obligations, two jobs, and school I couldn't find time to run outside. So, I've started running and working out at the gym.

This was the first real day of working out at the gym. 
I start at the bike machines, and go until I do about 2 miles.  If you look above, I did 2 miles in 9 and a half minutes.  Not to bad for a chubby white girl.

My breakdown of my first gym workout includes:
  • A couple of miles to warm up on the bikes. 
  • Next, I move on to the treadmills (which I hate) and do about a mile. 
  • Finally, I graduate onto the ellipticals.  Which I love because it feels like running without stress on your joints.  
The first day, I did this: 
The top number is the treadmill (1.06 miles in 17.40 minutes), followed by the elliptical (1.5 miles in 19.05 minutes), and finally, the bikes that I started on (2 miles in 9.33).  


I have more posts coming, but I just wanted you to know that I'm back, and have been running.  I also have some news to share!   Stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment