Saturday, April 7, 2012

Spring and Charleston

Yes, I'm still alive.

I just haven't posted.  I have been busy lately, and had to give something up in order to accomplish the "must dos" of my weekly calendar.

I have been running and I am way excited to share with you what I did.

I ran a 10K.  Ok, well, I ran and walked a 10K.  Not just any ol' 10K.  The Cooper River Bridge Run.

So, me and around 43,999 other people lined up so early I questioned my sanity.  I will write a detailed post later, but for now I'll share a few photos.  First, let me explain what this is all about.  This run, affectionately called "the Bridge Run",  was started 35 years ago in attempts to increase awareness of physical exercise and raise money for education (ha, I think?).  I signed up as motivation to stick to running.  

It starts on a Saturday, and begins at 8.  This year, however, there was a very horrible delay.  Lots of people have posted information sharing their thoughts (positive and negative) and the board of the Bridge Run has issued several apologies.  

I hated the wait, but my thoughts on the matter are, I was there and had a great time.  Who cares?  
There is also a part of the race that includes costumes (costume contest at the end with a first prize of $1000).  So, lots of interesting sites were witnessed.  

Oh, I took this picture.  I also never want to see that again.
Who likes the Hangover? 

Pacman!



The Hangover guy taken at another angle. 


His real name was John.


I will post more stories and some tips if you're interested later! I hope to be back!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment