Friday, October 28, 2011

Advice?

I know, I said I had caught the runner's bug.  I still have it, but apparently if you let the bug go for a few days..no a little more than a week, the bug doesn't bite quite as hard as a regular runner.  Does that make sense?

What I'm trying to say is that you shouldn't take breaks when you're trying to get in the habit of running.  I had read this on one of the reddit forums, but thought it wasn't applicable to me.  That, because I had actually gotten to love running, I would keep at it.  It's not the weather, or any one thing.  I can come up with a million reasons, very good reasons, as to why I haven't been able to run.  But this very logical side of me, the "don't give me that shit" side (which sounds a lot like Arnold from "Different Strokes"), knows that it's all crap. It's excuse.


 Yes, I'm busy (but who isn't). Yes, I have tons of schoolwork and work work, and side projects and things for other people. Who doesn't?  The difference between the regular runners and the person who comes up with excuse after excuse is the fact that a real runner, someone who wants to run, makes time to run. 


So that's what I plan on doing.  For those interested, I am restarting the C25K but with a twist.  I stay on a week until I have mastered it, until I feel that moving on isn't going to kill me.  If it takes me 2 or 3 weeks to move from one challenge (aka a change in workout plans), that's okay.  I thought this would keep me back, not push me enough.  Instead, it makes me feel empowered.


No comments:

Post a Comment