Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Discovered

So, I had a very "ah ha" moment the other day.  On my last post (which was, 'gasp', more than a week ago!), I talked about having a stomach bug and had to have a make up running day on Sunday.  That was good of me, and I am sticking to it.  I was psyched about starting a new week, when everything hit me at once.  Midterms, work, anniversary parties, and then I get a horrible head cold. I haven't ran this week.  Not once.  I feel crappy about it.

So bad, in fact, that after working 9 hours on Saturday, and then scooting home with only enough time to get my dog ready for the groomers, I changed to my running shoes, just so I can feel them on my feet again.  I was itching to run.  I still am itching to run.  I was even planning on running in the rain tonight, but I didn't realize it had gotten so dark, and at 7:20 p.m. it was already too dark to see.

That's my "ah ha" moment.  I actually like running.  I like breaking from the books, computers, phone, and television and just getting out there.  I get to enjoy music and fresh air.  I crave it, and I've caught this runner's bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment