Thursday, September 22, 2011

The one with all the links (and Reddit)


This site.  It's amazing, additively amazing (and I've only been a redditor for 3 months).
There is a subreddit for pretty much anything you could think of.

Why am I giving props to Reddit in a running blog? Because of r/C25K

Go ahead, click it. . . I'll wait.


You're back?  Good, because if you're serious about C25K and want some info/humor/advice/encouragement -- go here.  I posted here asking for some advice.  Check out those comments if you're having some of the issues I've mentioned on here.  Reddit and those comments led me to the REI site eventually. I'll get to that later.

 I've briefly mentioned that I live in a small town--the problem with this is that those "Running Shoe" stores you read about don't exist around here.  You ask someone where to get good running shoes around here, they tell you, "Shoe Carnival" or "Belks".  No disrespect to those institutions, as I often shop there for casual and dressy shoes, but that's not what I mean.  A few comments mentioned "minimus or minimal" and "vibram five finger" shoes.  I had seen pictures of the five-finger shoes, but have never tried them on or really been around a pair.  So, I did research.  REI has a good page here on choosing a good running shoe, and one of my other favorite sites, "Wired" wrote a review of 4 minimal shoes.

I am lucky enough to live a mere hour from REI, so I'm going there tomorrow to look at minimal shoes.  I also would like to comment that, based on my research, these shoes take some time to get used to.  So, maybe I'll restart C25K with minimal shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment