Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Week 2, Day 2

This run...not so good.  I know it's going to get hard, that means you're actually doing something.  I think my body is basically pissed that I went from pretty much completely sedentary lifestyle to running.  It hates me.  

The word, "shit!" was uttered many times during the run tonight.  

I had painful shin splints... for the record, they are the freaking worse things in history.  Also, if anyone could explain what the hell is making my right side (right below my ribcage) hurt each time I begin running (but ease off after I get into a rhythm), I will take the advice.  I also couldn't finish each run by about 10 seconds.  

However, I have learned some things.  I read some tips for runners about posture and pace, and some things to do with how you come down on your feet.  I focused too much on my feet this time, and I think it hindered more than helped.  So, lesson learned.  You can quit hating me now, body.  

No comments:

Post a Comment