Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Week 2, day 1

I think every day one sucks.  

It may have been because I work on Sundays, and am on my feet the whole time (as a waitress).  I managed to complete the day, and I understand that it's supposed to be a challenge (otherwise, it wouldn't be working, right?).  I had shin splints, my run got interrupted by several phone calls, and my general mood wasn't optimistic.  I was to blame for my mood though,  as I let other people's opinions and perspectives weigh on my mind.

 Let me be clear, in case any of you readers are super fit people who have never had an issue with weight.  People you care about and that care about you sometimes make thoughtless comments, not meaning to hurt you.  But as an overweight person, these comments impact us.  I'm not suicidal or anything, and I'm continuing with my workout regimen, but I hated that a simple comment impacted my mood.


On a lighter note, I am about to go run my Week 2, Day 2.  I have discovered that 80s music is awesome to work out to.  Most popular songs of this decade have a good BPM that is not to fast, nor too slow.


No comments:

Post a Comment