Wednesday, September 7, 2011

W1D3

I finished my run Tuesday night feeling okay but super tired.  I suffered from shin splints (for the first time), along with that pesky right side pain again.  I should also mention that I ran my fastest mile this time.  That little fact made me feel a lot better.  I do plan on repeating Day 3 again, simply because I don't think I am ready for Week 2.  I'm doing better than when I started, but I am totally out of shape and have never done a program like this, so I think slower is better.

I think I mentioned before that I run in a small town that is well populated, and has a high number of evening walkers.  I don't feel unsafe or out of place, and I like doing it by myself.  That way, when I'm cussing under my breath, I'm not offending anyone.

At one point this night, around 8:00, I was on my 5th running cycle, and jogging down the sidewalk.   An ice cream truck was behind me (unbeknownst to me) and proceeded to turn on his siren and music as he was passing.  I jumped out of my skin.  I also thought that it was a tad mean because I like ice cream and he made me want some.  Who taunts the overweight runner with ice cream? Who? (Note: It was also funny, and kind of lightened my mood).


No comments:

Post a Comment