Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Week 2, Day 3

Can I just say that a 30 degree difference in temperature can make a run go from crappy to wonderful.  This could be the endorphins or the fact that every day three makes me happy, but I had a pretty good run tonight.

Conditions: 60 degrees (it was 90 last week).  I got to wear a jacket, which has this neat little inside pocket to hold my iphone and keys.  Therefore, I didn't look at the time left in each run--which I think made me run better, as I wasn't focused on how much was left.  I also didn't focus as much on foot placement or pace, and basically just ran freely.  It felt good to run. That doesn't help me much.

As I was running and thinking about last time, I remembered this episode of Friends.  Pheobe and Rachel decide to run together.  Rachel soon learns that Pheobe runs wildly free, and is (at first) embarassed.


I did take an extra day because of the shin splints, to rest; and I am glad I did.  I still need to increase my distance/pace, and I think I am going to repeat this week (week 2) to do this without further injury.

No comments:

Post a Comment